Everybody’s aches and pains are not the same,and the types of services a chiropractor will offer will affect how much you pay for the visit. A typical visit to a chiropractor averages $65,but if your chiropractor suggests other services to help with your aches and pains,you will pay more (similar to your general practitioner). What kinds of services could your chiropractor suggest you need?
- Electromyography (EMG) â This tool will measure the electrical activity of your back and neck muscles,providing a chiropractor with important information about how your muscles are used and if there is a decrease in their function. The cost can be a minimum of $200.
- Hydrotherapy â This is water therapy,usually done in a special bath or pool. The Chiropractor’s care treatment will suggest a mixture of both cold and hot water to improve circulation and offer pain relief.
- MRI Scans â This is known as magnetic resonance imaging,which provides your chiropractor with a good look at your health and musculoskeletal system. An MRI will cost more than other diagnostic tools but is the best out there. These tests can range from $100 to $400 (it not more in some cases).
- Radiography â This encompasses several kinds of medical imaging,such as x-rays and CT scans of your back to identify the source of your back pain. This provides chiropractors with a baseline of how your musculoskeletal system is. The cost can range upward to $150.
What Are Some Other Common Treatments Used and Their Cost
- Diathermy â Up to $50 each session
- Thermography â Up to $500
- Ultrasound Therapy – $25 per session (typical)
- Laser Treatment – $200 per treatment (typical)
- Electrical Muscular Stimulation – $20 to $250 each time